Tuesday 28 October 2008

Do I need a Mac?

In all the years of being in IT and working with computers, Windows based machines have been everything I have needed. I run an Windows 2003 network, use Exchange 2003 and all my desktops/laptops are XP (oh and one Vista machine) even my web hosting is Windows based. So you could say I am a slave to our lord Bill :)

After the purchase of my IPhone which I may add makes any Windows Mobile device look slow and dated, I have found my self wondering should I buy a Mac. This has come about partly because I do alot of web design work and spend time messing around with pictures and video's and on a recent visit to a friends house who is a photography by trade was showing me round his Macbook Air. After 30 minutes of him playing around with photos, videos it just seemed to me that for digital media Mac's are the way forward.

I am not saying that I will be removing all Windows machines from the office or home as they still have a very important place but I do feel it is time for Microsoft and I to have a more open relationship. Also these things can be picked up at reasonable prices from the stores on Ebay :)

No comments: